These avocado tuna salad boats are so much fun. The simple yet delicious dish is perfect as a snack or lunch. Loaded with healthy fats and protein these tuna boats will leave you and your taste buds super satisfied. I love making these on laid-back Sunday afternoon for my daughter and I. They take no time at all to prepare.
- 2 avocados
- 1 lemon, juiced, to taste
- 2 tablespoon chopped onion, to taste
- 1 can of wild tuna packed in water
- Handful of cherry tomatoes halved
- Himalayan pink salt and pepper to taste
- A few sprigs of thyme
- Extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- Leave peel on or gently remove with a sharp knife. Cut the avocados in half. Remove the pit and scoop out the middle of the avocado into a bowl. Make sure to leave approximately ¼-inch thick of avocado flesh in each avocado shell.
- Add the onion and lemon juice to the scooped out avocado. Add the lemon juice a little bit at a time. Taste and adjust if needed. Mash these ingredients together in the bowl.
- Add tuna, salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Taste and adjust if needed.
- Fill avocado shells with the tuna salad.
- Top with the halved cherry tomatoes and thyme sprigs
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- Serve and enjoy!!